Thursday, September 25, 2014
Meg: the internet is broken
Markus: it's elon musk's fault
Meg: no but srsly dude wtf? I’ve had so many issues today
Markus: he is using it all to build his solar powered tesla orbital spaceport factory
Meg: I’ve tried u/l a mix to sound cloud and some other shit for 4hrs
Markus: he's also uploading his physical body to google cloud
Markus: so it might be a while
1. Tesla Motors and Nevada made it official on Thursday evening. The electric car company's highly sought battery "Gigafactory" and its projected 6,500 jobs are coming to the Reno area. Sandoval projects that the Tesla plant -- which aims to build automotive-grade lithium-ion batteries on a huge scale and bring down their cost -- will deliver a nearly $100 billion in economic impact to Nevada over the next 20 years.
2. Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced a new, one million-square-foot site for the future SolarCity GigaFactory facility, which will manufacture solar panels at the RiverBend site in South Buffalo. The Governor was in Buffalo today to officially break ground on the project, which will create more than 3,000 jobs in Western New York alone and a total of nearly 5,000 jobs in the state. The SolarCity facility will be the largest of its kind in the Western Hemisphere, with more than 1 gigawatt of annual solar capacity when it reaches full production.
3. NASA selected aerospace giant Boeing and Elon Musk’s SpaceX Corporation as the two winners of a hotly contested $6.8bn contract announced on Tuesday as part of its Commercial Crew Development program. It means Musk, who has invested a sizeable chunk of his estimated $9.5bn personal fortune in the development of space technology, will play a key role in returning manned spaceflight to US soil for the first time since the retirement of the space shuttle fleet in July 2011.
4. The Dragon cargo ship built by SpaceX arrived at the International Space Station to deliver more than 2 tons of astronaut supplies and experiments for NASA, including the first 3D printer in space and an intrepid crew of 20 lab mice. European astronaut Alexander Gerst used the space station's huge robotic arm to grab the capsule with help from NASA astronaut Reid Wiseman.
5. SpaceX successfully launched the AsiaSat 6 satellite to geosynchronous transfer orbit. This marks the twelfth successful flight in a row for Falcon 9, and the second of two successful missions for AsiaSat this summer.
Posted by defconquell at 6:57 PM
Friday, September 19, 2014
John: Jeff is back from Amsterdam today
Karalyn: did he order an egg burrito for breakfast
Remy: do work son
Markus: pfffft dean is hotter
Dean: he's got confidence
Markus: SEND MOAR BUSHMILLS
Karalyn: probably banging models on couches made from recycled bottles of dom eh?
Markus: yep getting bottle service from ur mom
Karalyn: remember when i wanted to be on ultimate surrender
Karalyn: that was like exactly last year
Markus: this is how i imagine jesse in vegas
Markus: spraying champagne on bitches
Markus: talking to Musayyabbutt located in Pakistan - "How are you Sir/Mam ???"
Markus: fantastic now after the transgender operation
Posted by defconquell at 10:18 AM
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Karalyn: NOOOOO DRIFTINGGGGG
Markus: //// ////
Markus: \\\\ \\\\
Karalyn: UR MOM
Markus: company trip to laguna and catch the races
Markus: rent a bus lol
Remy: things could escalate VERRRRRY quickly
Markus: good thing dean stashed the wetwipes
Karalyn: wow i dont even know what i just did
Markus: lolwtf she is the crazy cat lady of vibrators
Karalyn: that doesnt even wow
Karalyn: thats me
Posted by defconquell at 12:53 PM
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Autómata is an upcoming 2014 American sci-fi thriller film by Spanish director Gabe Ibáñez and co-written with Igor Legarreta and Javier Sánchez Donate. The film stars Antonio Banderas, Birgitte Hjort Sørensen, Dylan McDermott, Robert Forster and Tim McInnerny. The film was shot at Nu Boyana Film Studios in Sofia, Bulgaria. Green Moon produces with Avi Lerner's Millennium Films.
"It is the story of monkey that stays on the tree, the history of the species that stays behind."
Posted by defconquell at 5:42 PM
Thursday, September 11, 2014
Born Betty Joan Perske in New York, Lauren Bacall initially worked as an usherette and a Vogue model before moving to Hollywood at the age of 19. Director Howard Hawks paid her $125 a week for what would prove to be her breakthrough role in the 1944 thriller To Have and Have Not. “You know how to whistle, don’t you?” she purred at co-star Humphrey Bogart. “You just put your lips together and blow.”
Bogart, she would later claim, was the love of her life. The pair married the following year and went on to cement their creative partnership on The Big Sleep, Dark Passage and Key Largo, a run of successful pictures that made them the glamorous first couple of the American film noir.
Posted by defconquell at 4:47 PM
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
"I have no excuses, least of all for God. Like all tyrants, he is not worthy of the spit you would waste on negotiations. The deal we have is infinitely simpler – I don't call him to account, and he extends me the same courtesy." – Quellcrist Falconer, Campaign Diaries
Posted by defconquell at 3:53 PM